Saturday, December 1, 2012

fall staples

The fall season has taken over my life. I'm addicted to over-sized sweaters, cardigans, collared button downs, skinny jeans, and riding boots. Luckily, west coast living makes it easy to just dress in light layers during the cooler seasons. I am so thankful, because big puffy coats and snow shoes are not flattering on me.

Anyway, here's my outfit of the day (jeggings and riding boots not pictured). Excuse the lazy side braid and the crinkled collar (fail).




The reason why this picture is so close up is to highlight the bauble (because that's really all I care about).


Bauble of the Day: the Silver Dew Drop Bib from BaubleBar. I've seen this bib on the site before in rose gold and gold. I was tempted to buy one of those two but just never took the plunge. When they added this silver version to the site recently, I decided to go for it. I like that it is very holiday-esque and the design is unique. I used some of the BaubleBar vault points I've accumulated and got this beauty for free! However, even if I had spent money on this, I'd still say the $32 is worth it.


To go with this bauble, I'm wearing my all-time favorite cardigan-- the BDG classic cardigan from Urban Outfitters. I started out with one and have it in 4 different colors. Can't say that regret owning so many of the same one. It's the most versatile, goes-with-everything cardigan ever. There will always be room in my closet for more.


I also wore the Tinley Road Silk Olivia Blouse from Piperlime. It's a tad on the baggier side, which I don't mind because it looks good either tucked in or just hanging out for a relaxed look. But, I can see maybe sizing down for a more fitted wear. The only problem for me is the bagginess of the sleeves. I always roll them up anyway so I guess it doesn't matter, but to others it might. Overall, it passes for "work" attire and that works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment