Thursday, February 7, 2013

the bold and beautifully printed

Last week, the Madewell Silk Rose Print Boyshirt in light blossom and the Charade Blazer in oxford blue captured my attention. Because I'm partial to solid colors, polka dots, and stripes, my wardrobe was begging for something different. It took all of 5 seconds for me to ponder whether or not I needed another button-down blouse. Obviously, the floral print was too fabulous to pass up.

I wanted the blazer so badly, but sizing is sometimes fickle. I'm positive it was also a "no exchanges, no returns, final sale" item, which made me question whether this blazer was really worth the risk. Once I added this item to my cart, I knew I would hate myself if it ended up being a flop. Ultimately, I clicked the purchase button. Carpe diem! Or, you know, carpe this blazer.

In case you were wondering if I would actually pair the two together, I certainly did. I like to make my dreams come true. And this is exactly how I wore it..
I 100% love this floral button-down blouse. It's a boyfriend style fit, which is tailored yet relaxed and freakishly comfortable. Comfort is key, people. But after throwing on the blazer, I knew my outfit life was complete. Oxford blue is not well-portrayed on the site. In person, it is actually a stunning royal blue color. My face lit up with pure happiness as I ripped open the package and uncovered this bold gem.

You know what would make this outfit better? Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment